Sunday, April 17, 2011

I’m Wishing on the Full Moon



I’m aware that one is to wish upon a star, but I have always tried to go the extra mile in my life.  I wish on the full moon.  I’m not alone in my admiration for it either. From the beginning of time, people have been mesmerized by the full moon.  It has inspired poets, scientists, psychics and even horror writers.

The next full moon occurs on April 17, 2011 at 10:44 EDT. Whether you know it as the pink moon, the seed moon or the wind moon, it’s a time for new beginnings.  Just as spring has made its arrival, it’s time for us to clean out our homes, plant our gardens and get ready for life and rebirth. It’s time to gaze into the sky like our ancestors did and hope for new beginnings. 

And, if you missed last month’s “Super” moon, don’t fret.  April’s full moon will not disappoint.  It will only be 941 miles further away from the Earth than last month’s moon.  So don’t forget to watch it rise and set in the skyline and make a wish upon a full moon.  Hey, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment