Sunday, April 17, 2011

How to Make Blessed Moon Water




There are many uses for blessed water and many have their favorite, personal reasons for creating it. I often use my blessed water to wash my hands of the day’s troubles and woes.

What you will need:
A Full Moon
The amount of water you’d like to bless
A silver or wooden bowl to hold the water
A jar for storage after the blessing ritual is complete
Your favorite crystal or stone
Sea salt
~~

My bowl of water is placed on a large ledge that protrudes out from my windowsill. It keeps the water safe from various night creatures as it is energized by the lunar rays. My bowl is made of bamboo and is special to me since it was a gift from someone I care for deeply.

I place my favorite stone in the center of the bowl. I use an amber stone, which banishes negative energy, and that is the sole purpose of my blessed water. I take a small handful of course sea salt and rub it in between the palm of my hands and say a prayer as the salt drops into the water. I ask for the angels of protection to help me in keeping a positive heart, mind and soul. I ask the goddess to allow the rays of the moon to purify my water for future use.

The water will be kept outside overnight so it can be energized by the moon’s light. The next morning, I bring the water inside, run it through a cheesecloth and place it into a mason jar for future use to cleanse my hands of negative energy or to wash my altar items.

The next full moon is arriving May 17, 2011. I’ll be working on my blessed water that evening. Maybe you can do the same as well. 

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I got this link. I'll be trying this ritual out tomorrow night. It definitely fits in with my idea of simple rituals without much need for materials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can it catch the light behind a glass window so that the water doesn't get insects and such?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it can or you can place cheescloth or a screen over it.

      Delete
  3. I started mine on the new moon and will render on the full. Is this right?

    ReplyDelete